Jesus is the BIG rock and we are HIS little rocks. A faith journey towards Our Lord. The obstacles and struggles we face along the way.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Biggest Cross I've discovered

Finally!!! A picture of us. (kel in black, Julie in green, Jerry in red and myself in blue)





Hey everyone once again,

A big sigh of relief after completing my 3 months of basic military training and thank God for the block leave I am having now. Would like to share with all of you my day at lunch today (doesn't like really exciting ya?)

When I was having lunch with my dad today at a hawker centre, I noticed this man having this spread of food laid on the table and he was gobbling down the food at such a fast pace.

The truth is that the spread of food was made of scraps that people had left behind after their meals.

This sight wrenched my heart and this plight I've witnessed countless of it in just the past 5 days.It just makes me realised how heavy the crosses of these people are and life must be such a torture to them. I guess it feels like a purgatory on Earth itself. This period of Lent has really gave me new insights in life and has shown me the things I've to treasure. Knowing that I've to part with my family one day makes the cross much heavier and knowing that the Giver is more important than the Gifts doesn't ease the burden any lesser. The journey towards Him can be so difficult at times and He has indeed opened my eyes this time to show me that everything I owned- From my head to toe and the clothes on my back, is a miracle in itself.



Waiting to rise up as a New Creation@ Easter,

Joel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home