Jesus is the BIG rock and we are HIS little rocks. A faith journey towards Our Lord. The obstacles and struggles we face along the way.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

God sends: His chosen people

This entry came about due to one of my reflections that I had during Easter and something that I would like to hold on to for a very long time.

In the past (When I was around 7 years old), I was this spoilt little kid with a ponytail and had no friends around me. You can say that I didn't have a happy childhood or must be wondering how ridiculous it is for someone to have no friends at all. Sadly, it is true and I spent 8 years living in loneliness and I could say that I had been through loads of shit, perhaps even swimming through pools of it through these 8 years.

I had a lovely family. They loved me but the fact that they couldn't understand me and parents do not really pay much attention to little kids in general. Hence, I was on this road of pain on my own.

Once or twice, I thought I made friends. However, it always turned out to be false hope, resulting in a backstab or being used as a joke. Days... Weeks... Years... had passed and hurts had been accumulating throughout the years and made me into a youth that hated the world and profanities came out of my mouth ASAP.

Hated God, wanted to end it all....

Walking towards His Marvellous Light


God showed me His Light when I went through the cathechism's classes in Sec 2-3 and met a group of true friends whom decided to be with me despite of my vulgarities and my rotten-ness.

I began to change. Slowly but surely.

2003 was the year of conversion for me
I had this teacher that guided me to establish a personal relationship with HIM. I had a teacher that cared and loved me. Besides that, I met many people that became my close friends and helped me to build a strong foundation.

My eldest brother, always by my side to guide me and help me.

Clement, my second altar boy brudda! , to assist me when I am in need. Anytime, Any where

2006, met my da jie- Jules, allowed me to be saturated in my abilities.

All these people, I treasured these gifts from God and given a big portion of my heart to them and to my parents. I am really thankful for you guys, for always being with me and standing by me.








I am glad I had experienced much, for now I am able to love much.

Thank You, Lord

Joel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home