Jesus is the BIG rock and we are HIS little rocks. A faith journey towards Our Lord. The obstacles and struggles we face along the way.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Your identity? my identity? huh?

I have unknowingly discovered a bit more about myself. I have realised the difficulty and the immense effort (including a great leap of faith of course) needed to build my self esteem through the identity I have in Christ. There are a myriad of factors and things that people built their self esteem on.

Be it just pure ego thinking they are so darn good, feeling great just having a stack of money, accumulating achievements etc. I realised how subtly I was influenced by them as well. It feels really good, being visually satisfied and proud when I see myself having loads of money or imaging myself being free on a date with a pretty, sweet girl. Having them are definitely good stuff but I feel my main drive/motivation and the centre of my self esteem must not be built on such stuff. I find it pretty amusing how I need them to lift my self- esteem up at times.

Looking back, many individuals based their self esteem similar to mine. I believe that striving for all these are definitely part and parcel of life, but it becomes depressing if people changes their principles and core values in pursue for such things.

It has always been a constant struggle for me and with the aim to place Jesus in the centre (not out of the centre with other stuff). I shall "strive to enter through the narrow gate"-Luke 13:24, waiting for the day where He will say "Well done, good and faithful servant!".

Joel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home